If you’re working in electronics manufacturing, it’s crucial to partner with a PCB supplier who aligns with your needs and goals. Although many PCB manufacturers claim to have the highest possible qualifications and skills, it’s important to determine the authenticity of these claims and to evaluate other key factors like customer service and cost.
Wondering how to choose the right PCB manufacturer for your company? Here are the top things to look for when choosing a manufacturer in 2023.
#1 Expertise and Manufacturing Capabilities
Company history and manufacturing capabilities are two essential elements to assess in a prospective PCB manufacturer. These distinctions will help you decide if a company aligns with your production needs.
- Company History – Start by asking yourself: what type of experience or expertise does this company offer? How long has this manufacturer been in business? Look at past clients the manufacturer has worked with, and note if they have prior experience in your industry. To gain a better idea of overall customer satisfaction, read customer reviews and recommendations.
- Manufacturing Capabilities – Not all PCB manufacturers will offer the same range of circuit boards. Before you reach out a manufacturing company, determine whether or not they offer the circuit boards you need, or if they have the capabilities to create custom circuit boards.
#2 Product Certifications
There are many different certifications available for PCB manufacturers. Depending on the industry, these certifications are necessary for PCB safety and functionality.
Essential product certifications include:
- AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Certified: This certification indicates that the board has been approved by the International Organization for Standardization. The AS9100D qualification indicates that the product meets the standards of the aerospace industry.
- WEEE Certified: The Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) certification indicates that the manufacturer follows certain protocols to minimize waste and recycle product components.
- RoHS Certified: The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) standard began in the EU, and bans the use of hazardous materials like lead, cadmium, mercury, and others.
#3 On-Time Delivery
Ordering the perfect circuit board is an exciting experience. After all, you’re one step closer to creating your new product and want to receive your shipment as soon as possible. But waiting for weeks—or months—for your circuit boards to arrive is harmful for business and may delay production. Companies that utilize third-party shipping carriers may be a nightmare to work with if you’re trying to coordinate delivery or track products.
Look for companies who have an exemplary shipping record and deliver consistent, timely shipments to their customers. Companies who offer in-house shipping and delivery services are more likely to provide end-to-end customer care.
#4 Customer Support
While a smooth transaction is ideal, sometimes issues arise during the ordering and delivery process. To ameliorate potential inconvenience, search for a PCB manufacturing company that prioritizes customer service and has an in-house customer service team. Look for manufacturers who offer multiple communication methods like live chat, email, and phone capabilities for a multichannel customer service experience.
It goes without saying that a PCB manufacturer needs to work for your budget. But buying the cheapest possible product will likely result in poor quality and sub-par customer support. Finding the best PCB for your business is a balance between high-quality manufacturing practices and affordable prices. Most PCB manufacturers will offer customers an initial quote, so it’s prudent to compare prices and see which manufacturing companies offer both quality products and fair prices.
Finding a Company that Meets Your Needs
At the end of the day, working with the right PCB manufacturing company can transform your customer experience and ensure your product’s success. At Imagineering, we are passionate about providing our customers with high-quality circuit boards at affordable prices. Since 1986, Imagineering has prioritized quality and stellar customer care, making us one of the leading PCB manufacturers, working with some of the nation’s top companies.
But what makes Imagineering stand out from the crowd?
- Quick Turnaround – We offer fast turnaround times, with prototyping in 24 hours and production in as few as seven days.
- End-to-End Service – From design, to production, to delivery, we handle your products every step of the way, so you never have to worry about coordinating with third-party suppliers.
- Prices that Make Sense – By partnering with our network of overseas manufacturers, we are proud to offer high quality products at affordable prices.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today to receive a quote!